07 October 2010

Last Days of Summer on the River

It was September 29th--two days from October and it was still hot enough to go swimming in the Sacramento River. Not your neighbor's solar-heated pool, mind you--the riveran average of 58 degrees. I don't mean jumping in on a dare; I mean voluntarily walking in--because the 103 degree rays of sunlight were melting me down...the water was wonderful! I think everyone else was expecting the river days to come to a close; lots of families and boats were out until late in the evening.  And even as I write this, its 85 degrees out and two weeks from Halloween. As much as I like sweater weather, gee...I love California.

( My sister Alex and I. Photographs courtesy of Ricky. Click on the images to view more online@ Picasa)

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Thanks for the comment on my blog, Rach! I hope you enjoy the tribal owl shirt. Loved your entry about human rights on your blog. Wishing you all the best, Rachel Caldwell

    ReplyDelete